"

Export Oriented Loan



Janata Bank Limited also provides the following loans:

  • Working Capital Loan from EPB under Government Export Promotion Fund (EPF)
  • Government Equity and Entrepreneurship Fund from Bangladesh Bank

Working Capital Loan from EPB under The Government Export Promotion Fund

    The eligibility for obtaining this loan is:-
  • Limited Company, Partnership or Proprietorship firm having valid ERC and members of BASIC or BCS.
  • Commercially & technically viable and profitable as per assessment of EPB.
  • At least one among the entrepreneurs should be computer literate having a degree or diploma in computer.
  • Number of programmers will be at least 5 among which at least 3 having degree or diploma in computer science.
  • An established computer software firm which has at least 5 PC and necessary Printers, UPS, IPS, Generator, Voltage Stabilizer etc with LAN and E-mail/Internet facility.

Salient Features of the above Loan

  1. Government Equity and Entrepreneurship Fund from Bangladesh Bank
      The eligibility for obtaining this loan is:-
    • Minimum loan amount will be 50% of export order or Tk. 2.5 million whichever is lower,
    • Export order will remain valid upto one year. Rate of interest @6.00% simple & service charge @2.5%. In case of default to repay in due time, additional 0.50% service charge will be realized.
    • Export proceeds to be repatriated through the designated bank i.e. Janata Bank Limited, Janata Bhaban Corp. Branch.
    • Loan amount including interest will be adjusted from the export proceeds.
    • Loan sanctioning authority is EPB and as per their sanction letter Janata Bhaban Corp. Branch will disburse the loan applying all the formalities as per MOU made between Janata Bank Limited and EPB.

Government Equity and Entrepreneurship Fund from Bangladesh Bank

    Eligibility for obtaining the fund and salient features:
  • New project, registered as Private Limited Company under company Act 1994.
  • Total project cost including net working capital will not be less than BDT 15 million.
  • The project should be viable in consideration of its technical, management & economical aspect.
  • Equity participation will be 1/3 of the total project cost, out of which Bangladesh Bank equity participation will not be more than 49%.
  • Bank's loan if any and entrepreneurs own contribution to be fully utilized before utilizing EEF.
  • The company will issue equal amount of share against EEF in favour of Peoples Republic of Bangladesh and to be submitted to the concerned bank. The EEF share will be entitled to get dividend as declared by the company or 5% P.A, whichever is higher,
  • The entrepreneur will buy back the share within first three years face value plus 5% P.A.
  • In case of default to repay the fund due to genuine loss, 90% of the EEF will be borne by Bangladesh Bank and remaining 10% by the concerned financial institution.