Janata Capital And Investment Overview
Janata Bank Limited
Janata Bank Limited, the second largest in respect of commercial bank in Bangladesh operates through 904 branches including 4 overseas branches in UAE. It is linked with 1239 foreign correspondents all over the world. Janata Bank Limited also has two subsidiary companies named Janata Exchange Company srl in Italy and Janata Capital and Investment Company Limited. This Bank has about 8% contribution in institutional financing of the country.
As a part of its endeavour to diversify its product range and also to play more important role in the capital market, Janata Bank has launchd merchant banking operations with its following unique advantages:
- Adequate capital base
- Large number of skilled manpower
- Located at important places both in home and abroad with its wide branch banking network and subsidiaries.
- Adequate infrastructure facilities with a good number of computerized branches.
- Advantages for attracting foreign portfolio investors through recently opened NRB branch.
To b become the effective largest merchant bank in Bangladesh to support the development of capital market and to be a leading merchant bank in South Asia.
Maintaining stable growth strategy by providing innovative and quality services to the valued customers, attaining highest level of professionalism, performing operations with high standard of business ethics and ensuring good corporate governance with the ultimate aim of creating a vibrant, sustainable and strong capital market in Bangladesh.
Best professional services will be rendered while acting as manager to the issue, issue management involves various activities which start from persuasion with the prospective issuer and end through the listing of securities with the stock exchanges, Janata Bank Limited is committed to perform these functions with utmost care and to the full satisfaction of the issuer companies.
Janata Bank Limited with its large capital base will be able to handle underwriting activities in large volume enabling the big companies to go public.
Initially we shall start with investors’ discretion portfolio account. Subsequently the portfolio management shall be expanded with the introduction of following schemes:
- Banks discretionary portfolio account.
- Investors’ discretion portfolio management scheme for high net worth investors’.
- Profit loss sharing portfolio management scheme (subject to approval of SEC)
Services to be rendered to the investors for management of their portfolios:
- Assisting to construct Efficient Portfolio which will generate maximum return with minimum risk.
- Keep informed about market movement including specific risk and market risk.
- Providing counseling for diversification of portfolio for reducing possible risks.
- Acting as custodian of securities.
- Offering margin loan facilities.
- Providing other investment related counseling.
Features of present investor’s discretionary portfolio account
Janata Bank Limited shall manage investment portfolio of individuals, corporate bodies, banks and financial institutions.
Janata Bank merchant banking unit shall provide margin loan to the investors as per directives of SEC for investment in both primary and secondary security market. The portfolio management shall be carried out at the discretion of the investors.
Investor’s shall be advised to construct diversified portfolios to minimize risk and maximize return.
Requirements for opening account
- The account holder has to be physically present while opening investment account:
- Prescribed account opening form has to be filled up properly;
- Two passport size photographs duly attested by an introducer;
- The introducer needs to have an investment account or any other account with Janata Bank Limited;
- Persons of unsound mind or minors are not eligible to open investment account;
- Maximum two accounts can be opened one in the name of the individual and other jointly;
Initial Deposit for Opening Investment Account:
Minimum Deposit : BDT 50,000.00 (Fifty thousand).
Margin Loan Ratio : as per SEC directives.
Loan Limit :
Individual : BDT 50.00 lac per account.
Corporate bodies : BDT 1.00 crore per account.
Bank and other Financial Institutions : BDT 2.00 crore per account.
Interest, Fees, Commission etc
|Cost of Account opening Form:||BDT 25.00|
|Initial Documentation Charge :||BDT 500.00|
|Brokerage Commission :||0.50% on the value of traded securities|
|Interest on Margin Loan|
|Interest Rate:||13% per annum|
|Mode of Charging Interest||Quarterly|
|Portfolio Management||1% per annum with a minimum charge of BDT 500.00|
|Mode of Service Charge||Quarterly|
|Financial/Portfolio Statement charge||BDT 100.00 per statement|
Janata Capital and Investment Company Ltd.
48, Motijheel C/A (Floor-3)
Phone: +88-02- 7114374, 9585029,
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Janata Exchange Company srl, Italy
Piazza vittorio Emanuele II, 31
00185 Rome, Italy
phone : 39-06-44341389
E-mail : email@example.com